MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Public Works and Highways-National Capital Region will undertake repairs on nine major thoroughfares in three cities of Metro Manila over the weekend.
The repair work in Quezon, Pasig and Caloocan cities started 11 p.m. Friday, July 14, and is scheduled for completion at 5 a.m. on Monday, July 17, DPWH-NCR director Melvin Navarro said.
The following are the affected areas:
- second lane, southbound of A. Bonifacio Avenue between Calavite Street to Isarog Street
- EDSA between Times Street to Quezon Avenue
- second lane, northbound of Quirino Highway between Mindanao Avenue to San Sebastian Street
- northbound lanes of Mindanao Tunnel on Mindanao Avenue
- northbound lanes of Congressional Avenue between Tandang Sora to Luzon Avenue
- westbound lanes of Luzon Avenue between Commonwealth to Congressional Avenue
- southbound lanes of C-5 road near Julia Vargas
- northbound lanes of Manila East Road in front of Little Lamb Learning Center near Country Side
- northbound lanes of Mac Arthur Highway near Monumento Circle
The DPWH is advising motorists to take alternate routes and avoid these areas.