Businessmen, bigwigs in politics and long-time allies of former senator Ferdinand R. “Bongbong” Marcos, numbering 40 in all, came together to raise the PhP36 million initial deposit required to get his election protest against Vice President Maria Leonor “Leni” Robredo cranking from inertia toward momentum.
The move, before the Presidential Electoral Tribunal, or PET, is the first step toward retrieving election materials that Marcos expects to establish the basis of his prospective electoral protest case against Robredo, who defeated him in the contest for Vice President in the May 2016 election.
Among the many supporters of Marcos are family friends of the Marcoses, as well as business and political associates.
In initial research conducted by News5-InterAksyon, the partial tally that follows offers a glimpse of the connection trail of the donors.
1. RAMIR ARCE ROMERO – Of Arce Foods Corporation, which is known for its signature Arce Dairy Ice Cream product line
(Note: The listed address was 100 Selecta Drive, Balintawak, Quezon City, which is also the address of Arce Foods Corp)
2. JETHRO DIONISIO – Well known sportsman, sharp/practical shooter; 1987 national shooting champion; represented the Philippines in the 2004 Summer Olympics; won the 1990 U.S. Steel Challenge World Speed Shooting Competition
(Note: The telephone number indicated by Dionisio in the donors’ list is also that of Jethro International Inc., which deals in the importation, fabrication and trading of firearms, weapon parts, ammunition, and accessories.)
3. FERNANDO O. PEÑA – Member of the Philippine Constitution Association, whose former president is the ex-Congressman Ferdinand Martin G. Romualdez, a cousin of Bongbong Marcos
Peña is president of MOF Company (Subic) Inc. – Cargo Handling Solutions.
(Note: Peña listed the telephone number of MOF Company, and the web site indicated that Peña is the company president)
4. VALENTIN PRIETO JR. – Connected with City Service Corp. engaged in the janitorial services, housekeeping, at building maintenance industry based in Pasay City
5. BIEVENIDO ONGKIKO JR. – Owner at manager ng Manila Embroidery Gold, Inc. based in Makati City and know for its business in corporate clothing, high event clothing, and corporate uniforms
(Note: The contact number of Ongkiko is also that of ng Manila Embroidery)
6. CARLOS M. FARRALES – Former head of Philcomsat (Philippine Overseas Communications Satellite Inc.) during the time of the late president Ferdinand Marcos; served as officer-in-charge of Domsat o Domestic Satellite Philippines, Inc. in 1986 during the incumbency of the late former president Corazon Aquino.
7. JOSE FABIAN P. CARMONA – An official of the Urdaneta Village residential enclave in Makati City
8. ELIZABETH AGUILAR-MASANGKAY – Sister of Senator Cynthia Villar, barangay chairperson of Putatan, Muntinlupa
9. RUBY DIAZ-ROA – Sister of 1969 Miss Universe Gloria Diaz who was the wife of the late businessman-restaurateur Gabriel “Bong” Daza, a widely-known friend of the Marcos family. Ruby is the mother of Georgia Isabel Diaz Roa, who is the wife of former congressman Gilbert Remulla. The Remullas of Cavite Province are known for their strong ties to the Marcoses. The late governor Johnny Remulla, father of Gilbert, has cultivated decades-long friendship with Ferdinand Marcos.
10. ALFREDO D. ROA III – Husband of Ruby Diaz Roa, is an independent director of Araneta Properties Inc; president of Rural Bank of Alfonso in Cavite; president of Inland Corp; chairman ng Jjb Inland Logistics, Inc. The wife of Bongbong Marcos, Atty. Lisa Araneta, belongs to the wealthy Araneta clan, which also counts former Interior Secretary Manuel “MAR” Araneta Roxas, who’s Liberal Party carried the candidacy of vice-presidential candidate Leni Robredo during the 2016 elections.
11. GABRIEL “GABBY” ROA-LIMJOCO – Educator and pre-school owner; daughter of Ruby Diaz-Roa and niece of Gloria Diaz; director of Galileo Salcedo, Toddlers Teachers Inc; sister of Georgia Isabel Diaz Roa, the wife of former congressman Gilbert Remulla.
12. JUAN PAOLO TANTOCO – Son of Bienvenido “Rico” Rustia Tantoco Jr. president of Sta. Elana Properties and a member of the board of Rustan’s Group of Companies. The Tantocos are well-known business associates of the Marcos family.
Juan Paolo is the husband of Dina Arroyo, daughter of the late Negros representative Iggy Arroyo by his first wife Marilyn Jacinto, who is the sister of Pinoy rock icon Ramon ‘RJ’ Jacinto, who has been appointed a special economic adviser of President Duterte. Dina is niece in-law of former president Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo.