Bea Alonzo, Dominic Roque say relationship status shared without consent

February 12, 2024 - 12:14 PM
2524
Dominic Roque and Bea Alonzo
Dominic Roque in Milan, Italy in this photo posted on his Instagram on Dec. 12, 2023; Bea Alonzo in this photo posted on her Instagram on Dec. 14, 2023 (dominicroque/Instagram; beaalonzo/Instagram)

Actors Bea Alonzo and Dominic Roque lamented the confirmation of their break-up without their concert.

Bea broke her silence days after “King of Talk” Boy Abunda in his “Fast Talk With Boy Abunda” show dropped a bomb, confirming that the actors had split and she had already returned her engagement ring.

The talk show host then said that the pair were still “trying to understand each other” and that they were “going through a rough patch.”

“As we talk today, yes, hiwalay po si Dominic at tsaka si Bea,” Boy said before, adding that he was “shocked.”

“Sinusuyo ba si Bea? Are they’re still trying to talk? Siguro. Maaari. Dahil sino ba naman ang ayaw maayos ang ganitong klase ng problema,” he added.

Bea’s road manager and make-up artist also uploaded cryptic posts about a “manipulative sad boi.”

According to the Philippine Entertainment Portal, speculations about their relationship status started as early as January, when social media users noticed the actress missing from Dominic’s birthday celebration on January 16.

The buzz continued when some noticed Bea was no longer wearing her round-cut diamond engagement ring.

By February 6, Boy said that the actors broke up.

RELATED: ‘Breakup of the year’: Reactions as Boy Abunda confirms split of Bea Alonzo, Dominic Roque

Bea remained mum on the topic while the Facebook page of Dominic on Thursday called on the public to refrain from “bashing” or saying “negative things” about the actress, who he said is a “beautiful person inside and out.”

ALSO READ: Bea Alonzo showered with greetings after Dominic Roque’s FB Reel

On Sunday, Bea and Dominic posted a joint statement about the end of their engagement.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by bea alonzo (@beaalonzo)

Although there was no confirmation if their relationship had indeed ended, there was a reference to their “break-up” being “confirmed” without their consent.

“After much thought, consideration, and care, we have mutually decided to amicably end our engagement. It was not an easy decision. We wanted to have more time to carefully deliberate and pray about it, but there have been many speculations, questions, and insults,” the pair said.

“Unfortunately, some even confirmed our break-up without our consent, and some created ridiculous stories that had no basis and were utterly false, so we felt the need to share this announcement with great sadness, for our peace of mind and our families,” they added.

“Please understand that this is an extremely painful yet united decision, and we sincerely request for everyone to kindly spare us from more cruel and very hurtful words thrown on social media,” the actors said.

“We kindly request to give us the privacy we need as we navigate our future lives with respect, kindness, compassion, and dignity. Thank you for your understanding and support,” they concluded.

Bea and Dominic got engaged in July 2023. They started dating in 2021.