In the first 11 minutes of Singles’ Day, a shopping platform’s electronic sales surged 230 times compared to a normal day.
This was one of the insights that Lazada Philippines reported following its big shopping festival that ran from November 11-13.
Singles’ Day or 11.11 is considered the largest shopping festival in Asia.
Big brands geared up and offered massive free shipping deals, vouchers and other discounts for their customers.
Lazada tapped Anne Curtis-Smith as its ambassador for its 11.11 campaign to invite more shoppers to its platform.
After its three-day run, the company revealed its top 11 record-breaking numbers for this year’s edition of Singles’ Day.
One of them includes the staggering 230 times surge in electronic sales in just eleven minutes after the clock struck November 11.
Orders also doubled on a year-over-year basis.
Lazada noted that this number is similar to the rise of domestic travel in the first quarter of 2022.
Among the products that were purchased include VR (virtual reality) accessories, smart switches and watches.
The remaining 10 key takeaways during Lazada’s 11.11 sale event are as follows:
- 4 million baby wipes were sold in the first hour. This is equivalent to more than a month’s supply of all newborn babies in the Philippines.
- Makeup orders increased seven times compared to a normal day.
- Top lipstick shades in the first hour of November 11 are red, pink and nude.
- Orders for fragrances also increased six times compared to a normal day.
- Best-selling fashion items are jogger pants, Taslan shorts, umbrellas and travel packing cubes.
- Best-selling skincare items, meanwhile, are vitamin C serum, retinol and tinted sunscreen.
- Active wear sales rose by 19 times compared to a normal day.
- 1,111th item was delivered at 11:45 a.m. of November 11.
- Nearly 1,700 hours of content were streamed on the app via LazLive.
- Best-selling item in Cebu is home décor. In Davao, three-piece jewelry sets were the best-selling products in the first hour of November 11.
Carlos Barrera, Lazada Philippines’ CEO, said that 11.11 has become more than a tradition to Filipino patrons.
“11.11 has become more than just a shopping tradition, it has become a part of consumers’ lifestyles as we all seek for the best deals and trendiest assortment. Just as importantly, it is also an avenue for brands and sellers to thrive and reach more customers,” Barrera said.