A mall cinema chain shared a list of cinema etiquette for Swifties to ensure they will have the “best cinematic concert experience” during the screening of “Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour.”
SM Cinema on Tuesday, October 3 reminded Swifties to observe certain conduct as they watch the most anticipated concert film that will premiere in the Philippines next week.
The concert film of the Grammy award-winning singer’s ongoing tour celebrating her musical eras will premiere in local cinemas on October 13. It has a runtime of two hours and 48 minutes.
It was recorded over the first three of six nights that Taylor performed at the SoFi stadium in California last August.
The singer-songwriter’s “Eras Tour” is a homage to her 10 albums and her artistic evolution in her 17-year career in the music industry, which saw her exploring different genres such as country, pop, alternative rock, electropop and folk.
Each of her albums represents an era of her career in terms of musical style and her personal journey as a musician and as an individual.
Her concert film is directed by Sam Wrench, who is behind similar concert films featuring Lizzo, BTS, Mary J. Blige, Brandi Carlile, Billie Eilish, Jennifer Lopez and Pentatonix.
Meanwhile, here is a list of the cinema etiquette that SM Cinema reminded Swifties to observe as they watch the film:
- Be on time and respect the queue going inside the theater.
- Grab her hand, not someone else’s seat.
- Taylor’s the best thing about this movie. Turn off or set all electronic devices to silent mode.
- We know Taylor’s got a smile that can light up the whole theater, but taking photos and videos of the film is strictly prohibited.
- Popcorn and drinks are available at Snack Time. Outside food is not allowed.
- What’s a girl (and boys) gonna do? A diamond’s gotta shine. Come to SM Cinema in your Eras Tour-inspired outfits.
- Ladies always rise above, so standing, singing, and dancing are allowed, but don’t block fellow Swifties’ view.
- Bring your The Eras Light Up Baton and your friendship bracelets.
- The lights are so bright, but they cannot blind you. But throwing items could be dangerous.
- We love you, Filo Swifties, to the Moon and to the Saturn. Have fun and enjoy!
The cinema chain also shared where Swifties can secure tickets for the concert film, namely through its cinema app, its website and in physical ticket booths.
Fans can also hold private screenings of the concert film in SM Cinemas by filling out a form.