Former pageant title holders and other familiar faces joined the lineup of candidates for this year’s edition of one of the most prestigious national pageants in the country.
Binibining Pilipinas (BBP) on Monday unveiled the official names and photos of the candidates who passed the final screening and advanced to the Top 40 of the pageant.
The Class of 2023 Top 40 reveal came a month after the organization opened its applications for aspiring beauty queens in the country.
READ: Search is on: Bb. Pilipinas officially opens applications for 2023 contestants
Details about the coronation night are yet to be revealed.
Several Filipinos, meanwhile, noticed familiar names and faces on BBP’s posts. They expressed their support for their favorites in the comments section.
Former beauty queens in the list are as follows:
- Mirjan Hipolito – She represented Pampanga at the Miss Universe Philippines 2021. She made headlines for receiving a brand-new iPhone as a token of good luck from her team.
RELATED: How Angeles’ bet Mirjan Hipolito’s team is giving her support for Miss Universe Philippines journey
- Trisha Martinez – She was crowned Miss Tourism Philippines 2021 at the Miss World Philippines event during that year.
- Julia Mae Mendoza – She was a contestant at the Miss World Philippines 2019.
- Zeah Nestle Pala – She was crowned Miss Bikini Philippines 2021.
The following, meanwhile, are names of notable celebrities and personalities who are now BBP candidates:
- Xena Ramos – She is a newbie actress under Viva Artists.
- Atasha Reign Parani – She was a former cast member or “housemate” at the “Pinoy Big Brother” Season 8.
- Mary Joy Dacoron – She is a professional volleyball player under Chery Tiggo.
Actress Maja Salvador’s sister, Jessilen Salvador or Jessie is also among the roster of candidates.
Based on traction, the most popular candidate is Rheema Adakkoden, a Filipino-Indian model from Bicol. Her photo has so far garnered 17,000 reactions, 300 comments and 1,200 likes on the platform.
BBP crowns the country’s representatives for the following international beauty competitions—Miss International, Miss Intercontinental and Miss Globe.
The organization previously fields delegates to Miss Grand International and Miss Supranational.
Franchises for both events were later acquired by the Miss World Philippines organization.
RELATED: ‘Great move’: Binibining Pilipinas lauded for cutting ties with Miss Grand International
Those who will win on BBP 2023 coronation night will succeed the following reigning queens:
- Binibining Pilipinas International 2022 Nicole Borromeo
- Binibining Pilipinas Grand International 2022 Roberta Angela Tamondong
- Binibining Pilipinas Intercontinental 2022 Gabrielle Basiano
- Binibining Pilipinas Globe 2022 Chelsea Fernandez
It should be noted that Nicole has yet to compete at Miss International 2023.
Her successor is Hannah Arnold, who ended her journey after advancing to the Top 15 of Miss International 2022.
RELATED: ‘A dream come true’: Hannah Arnold finally sets off for Miss International 2022